Friday, September 30, 2011

found this old excerpt i wrote and found it funny.


https://www.getsnuggie.com/flare/next

This is a terrible advertisement for an interesting product. "The Snuggie" is a blanket that you wear. The first time I saw this product advertised on a commercial, I thought it was a joke, as in, something you may see on Conan O'Brien or The Late Show. First of all, the commercial is extremely cheesy. It has people dancing around in the Snuggie (this was the commercial I saw for the Snuggie on TV). I guess this is to show how much fun the Snuggie can be. I found it extremely ineffective.

This advertisement does not make me want to purchase the Snuggie. It actually does a better job at making me want to make fun of the Snuggie even more than I would have in the first place. The acting is extremely corny. The reasoning to buy the product is illogical. People could easily put on a hoodie, get the same effect, and not look ridiculous. The commercial looks like it was created the early 90's. It is not creative or appealing in the slightest.

Interestingly enough, one of my cousins, who is really into fashion, wants one for Christmas. I can't fathom what she is thinking. All in all, possibly, but not likely, if the Snuggie had a better advertisement, it could make me consider purchasing one. Because it as though the commercial is a joke making fun of the Snuggie, it makes the product come off as a joke as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment