Wednesday, September 5, 2012

goodbye, hello, hello.


It's been a good thing to realize I am growing up and away from the past. Still, it's not the most simple of tasks. I've been going through a ton of old stuff - papers, school work from high school and early college, photos, writings, etc. Some of it brings back good laughs and smiles, and others are hard to look at and remember. Flipping through pictures of old friends who aren't by my side anymore is sometimes relieving and other times depressing. I had a bulletin board covered with photos of my "best friends" 4 years ago, and most of those friendships have diminished...some of them for the best and others I still don't understand. It's time to quit questioning why.

Today, God has placed amazing people in my life.

I'm not the closest to some, but I am so grateful for them. Many are from my church and others are from Taylor U. and Mexico. I know that even though time and distance keeps us apart, they are still a strong support system...even if we don't talk for months on end. They are still constantly in my thoughts and I know I could count on them.

Then there are a few that I have grown very close to over the past couple years. I'm not very close to a ton of people; I have quiet weekends and busy weekdays and the majority of my "social" life revolves around my dogs and cats (haha) and my family. Obviously, Ryan is my best friend. And I'm glad to have him always by my side. Only 2 more weeks till our wedding day! We're cool kids...learning the things you do in your teens, in our twenties! We are young at heart. And I've grown particularly close to my old grade school friend, Jennifer. She's been one of the few people who actually bother to know what's going on in my life and has always been dependable in the small things. Can't wait to have her by my side at my and Ryan's wedding! And she thinks I'm weird. But I'll take it.

It's getting cooler...which means it's going to be fall soon. I freaking love fall. All things magical happen in the fall.


I know I'm getting older, but this is still my theme song.

http://youtu.be/3LE1Bd_wX1M

Soon I'll be a wedded wife and less stressed. I will take good, fall, Carli-like photos and write sad prose and I'll be so happy.



Good day.

peace, love, and shalom.

-Carli



"We're the coolest kids and we take what we can get."

"You know me. Or you think you do. You just don't seem to see. I've been waiting all this time to be, something I can't define."

"You know the night life is just not for me, because all you really need are a few good friends."

"I don't know why you say goodbye. I say hello."

No comments:

Post a Comment