Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Things Learned. Idea-Man fails again!


As I write today, I sit with my feet dangling into my warm pool. I should be swimming right about now. I'm using this as my stress reliever.



So far, these are the things I've learned the past few weeks (maybe a few I've always known):

I am Idea-Man. I think of weird, great ideas often and rapidly. Downfall: my mind moves too fast for me to attempt to concentrate on my ideas to execute them properly...hence, my next point.

I am a bad wedding-planner-executor. My wedding would be flawless and ridiculously awesome if I could paint the world that is in my head for reality to see.

I have only a few good friends. (I mean, the ones who really get me.) I am not a social butterfly. I've never planned to be. And I prefer real community with a few, rather than shallow interaction with a multitude. This will always be.

I love education...only if it's quality. At least one of my professors this semester, I can already say, will be one of the best teachers I've ever had. He is leader and I look forward to gaining good insight from him while I have the opportunity. Though I hate assignments and all the extra junk that comes hand in hand with collegiate life, I love learning.

I need my music. I need to write (and not this life blog crap either, but truly write). I need to take beautiful photos. I need to run. And when I do these things, I feel like I'm doing what I was made to do.

I freaking like jelly beans. I busted into a bag that is supposed to be for the wedding. I couldn't resist. I ate so many. My stomach hurts now. Simplicity.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The impossible is possible...only with God. And the possible is impossible without him. I've been inconsistent (as I've been my whole life) this summer with my running schedule. I hadn't been running but a few times for short distances (maybe 2-4 miles 4 or 5 times) since the beginning of June. I was in a bad predicament, because I had a 10 mile run on Labor Day. I told myself I should probably try to run if I was going to even think about finishing the Labor Day race. Well, a week before I set out to do five, not thinking my body would be able to physically make it, since I'm not in shape at all. I ran nine. It was pretty unbelievable. God blessed my legs. Needless to say, I did the Chris Bohl's run and it was absolutely fantastic. Now, on to the Rock 'n' Roll!


Alright. Until next time, Cheers!

-Carli



"You could list your friends, but you can't count on them."

No comments:

Post a Comment