Thursday, September 6, 2012

Happiness in cul-de-sacs

One day, I'll live on a cul-de-sac and be happy.

I want to be in the city. Oh, the city. Where adventure lies. Where people tell lies. I want to explore the broken down things. And marvel at the new things. I will move to New York, I tell you. Feel what all the people felt when they decided New York City would be their home destination. I'll shop Time Square and when a stranger asks me what time it is, I'll simply reply with a shrug, because who wears a watch these days? When my time is up, I'll move to leftest of coasts and be with my friend, Los Angeles for some time. Smoothly, I'll roll down the sidewalks on my longboard in the shortest of shorts with the loosest of tanks. I'll feel pleasant breezes on my face and taste that hint of salt in the air each evening and morning and there in between. It will fill my veins with peace.

At last, I'll head back to the East Coast to my destination city. MY destination city, Boston. Become a Celtics fan and romanticize their golden architecture. Get lost in a cul-de-sac as snow piles around me and my giant wool scarf. I will point people in the directions of my favorite coffee shops and park. This is my sacred place. And by my side for all of this, there'll be a man. A man that no one else could fathom matching up to. And as Dashboard has said it before, he'll be "the best one of the best ones." And, as lazy days come to an end, we will sigh in relief because we made it.

No one can beat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment