Sunday, October 3, 2010

What I did last summer...

Well, what did I do this past summer? I got home from being in Mexico for six months. (Maybe I’ll blog all about that one day. Another day.) I did a whole ton of things. But, I’ll hit on a few highlights.

1. Went to Disney World for the 4th time with my parents and Ryan.
2. Saw some animals and took more than a necessary amount of pictures.
3. Explored a sandy beach of Florida...how quaint.
4. Had a banging early 21st birthday party.
5. Went to Jason’s lake house and hung out with some good friends.

1. Disney World was an adventure-filled time. Mainly lots of walking and sweating, just a little bit of magic, and even a littler bit of fun. Just kidding. There was about as much fun as there was magic; it goes without saying. We rode lots of rides. Ryan screamed like a seven-year-old girl on several of those...makes the rides that much more enjoyable for myself! We stayed in the Disney Villas at the Beach Club. Very nice. (But, undoubtedly, I missed my Jambo House.) We witnessed lots of fireworks and other Disneyish things. We ate a ton of food; I gained 10 pounds. (It’s like a drop in the bucket.) We ate at the Yachtsman's Steakhouse for a second time. Again, very nice. Ducks swam in our pool. Me and Ryan had a date on the boardwalk. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.


2. Disney's Animal Kingdom is like another world. Third world that is. Only kidding. (That was Mexico.) But wow. The animals were so awesome. Made me realize all the more how God is so awesome. I took a ridiculous amount of pictures. Rode some more rides with Ryan in which he screamed like a seven-year-old girl again.


3. We went to Daytona Beach, for probably the 80th time in my life. It’s way too touristy for me. It was great nonetheless. I spent a long while building a really crappy sandcastle I am, to this day, very proud of. While frolicking in the waves with my mom and Ryan while my dad sat with the crap on the beach, I swallowed a dangerously large amount of water, through both mouth and nose! Ryan and I went to two movies in row (one with my parents.) That was awesome. We went to this lighthouse I’ve been to before and climbed a memorably enormous amount of steps. That was awesome. We went to Red Lobster (CHAIN). That was awesome. We went shopping. That was awesome. Then we flew home after five days of all that. That was, also, awesome.




4. So I had a birthday party. Put a lot of time into this. Some of my awesome friends made it all possible. Everyone got all ritzy. We had a fancy-schmancy dinner. We had a fun breaking of the piñata in my driveway. Then we had some fun swimming, making smoothies, and listening to rap. We also sat by the fire while listening to Dom lay down some funkedelic listenings. The best part of the night, low and behold, was getting into a water balloon fight with none other than Haden Matthews. Then we teamed up and threw the rest at Ryan and my mom. All for good laughs. It was awesome seeing everyone after being out of the States for six-months. A good welcome home.




5. Another great leg of my short summer was Jason’s lake house. This should totally be elaborated on….in time. We went, we went boating, we went swimming, we went tanning, we went to Walmart, we went boating again, we went swimming again. I did not water-ski. Doug and Jason are beasts. Mike got the hang of it. ...as for me, Becca, and Justin, no, just no. We played an all too funny game; it was late. Becca and I cooked for the masses. We should have our own cooking show. We played guitar. We danced. We took pictures. We had fun. Too much for you to know.


1 comment:

  1. So, in a very, very shrunken nutshell, those were some of the main highlights of my summer. Totally enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete